1 March 2024, 12 – 3 pm
AFCEA Code-a-thon for 5th graders. See promotional video at the bottom of the page.
A virtual event performed at Elementary Schools across the Commonwealth of Virginia by members of the Virginia AFCEA Space Alliance (VASA)
Working with 5th-grade students promoting STEM, Cyber Awareness, and Block Coding using micro:bit minicomputers
- This event will be hosted by the AFCEA Quantico-Potomac Chapter, and as an educational Code-a-thon event it will consist of a series of four challenges to promote coding and STEAM at the 5th grade level. It will be a part of a much larger, networked virtual event that will include over 600 students across the state of Virginia.
- This is Quantico-Potomac’s first time hosting this coding challenge, scheduled for Friday, March 1st as a live event with role players and VIP speakers. 63 students will use Micro:Bit pocket computers with the support of 10 Elementary school faculty, staff, and AFCEA volunteers. Our code-a-thon challenge will culminate in a celebration pizza party at the end of the day!
- Our 2024 budget goal is $3,000, which covers all event expenses. All Sponsorships $500 or greater will receive…
- Public recognition on the AFCEA website
- Recognition on our acknowledgements video
- Logo on student T-shirts for the event