On August 7th and 8th, our chapter will be sponsoring the Super Squad event at the Expeditionary C4 Conference in Fredericksburg, VA. Along with the USMC IT Day, we are looking to make this into a second large Marine Corps IT event sponsored by AFCEA QP. A Description of the event is below:
- What is the “C4 Super Squad”?
The C4 Super Squad is a selected group of (13) Marines who represent various occupational specialties in the use of Marine Corps Communications equipment. These Marines will be recognized for their technical and professional performance related to XC4 capabilities.
- Why is the C4 Super Squad relevant to this event?
The C4 Super Squad provides an opportunity to showcase the working-level users of XC4 equipment by recognizing their accomplishments and sharing their perspectives. A facilitated “question and answer” panel will be conducted with the members of the C4 Super Squad as part of the event’s headline agenda on Day 1 of the conference. A second Q&A panel will occur on the second day in a smaller venue where general questions from the audience will be addressed.
The XC4 Management Staff has established support for the 2012 XC4 Super Squad from MGySgt Mathis Richard, USMC and MGySgt Byron Bissessar, USMC (Retired). These gentlemen have already coordinated the selection of the (13) person squad by working with MEF-level senior enlisted leaders. In 2011, HQC4 provided Letters of Appreciation for these Marines. With more rigor in the selection process this year, we are requesting that this be stepped up to a Certificate of Commendation from the Director, HQMC C4.
The CONOPS for the XC4 Super Squad is reflected in the Day #1 and Day #2 schedules (available at XC4 web site http://www.xc4.co/). Highlights include …
1) XC4 Super Squad “User Panel” – Facilitated with pre-scripted Questions
2) XC4 Super Squad Recognition – Presentation of awards
3) XC4 Super Squad RECEPTION – A 1-hour reception at the conclusion of Day #1 with
4) XC4 Super Squad “User Panel” Part 2 – Facilitated with general questions from the Audience
We are looking for several companies to sponsor this event. There are several opportunities to sponsor including:
– We are looking for two $5K sponsors for the Reception/Mixer honoring the “Super Squad” Marines.
– An awards sponsor (3 – $2K Sponsors) which would cover the awards/ lodging for the super squad (we are looking at providing each with a Kindle pre-loaded with selections from the Commandant’s Reading List).
– Five Super Squad panel sponsors ($2.5K) each.
Each sponsor would have their logo prominently displayed during the event (awards sponsor would have their logo on the Kindle Cover). Last year this event was attended by 500+ Marines, Government Service Employees and Contractors. If you are interested in supporting this event please contact Jay Storms at [email protected] or purchase your sponsorship online using the product below.